By Jessica Russo
Ugh, we know - packing is the worst. That's why we're here to help!
The months of spring and fall are some of the very best months to visit Europe. Pleasant weather and less crowding? Um, yes please. Packing for these delightful months, however, is tricky. What if it's cold at night? What shoes do I bring? Will I need a coat? While it's always good to be prepared, you don't want to pack your entire closet. Follow this checklist to pack the perfect suitcase for your European adventure.
Based off a 1-week trip:
- Pack a few different scarves. You can wear a neutral colored t-shirt with the same jacket every day, but paired with different scarves, you've got brand new outfits!
- Plan outfits - not pieces. Before you zip up your suitcase, plan potential outfits for each day of your trip. Of course, these are subject to change, but at least you know that you brought enough stuff.
- Check the weather forecast up until you leave. Sure, it may change while you're there, but at least you'll get a good idea of the average temperatures during the day and at night.
- 4 t-shirts
- 2 long-sleeved shirts
- 2 blouses/dress shirts
- 2 sweaters
- 1 cardigan
- 2 pairs of dark wash jeans
- 1 pair of shorts
- 1 pair of lightweight pants
- Skirts and dresses (optional, but make comfortable, stylish outfits!)
- 1 pair of leggings (don't take up much room and great to wear on the plane)
Underwear, Socks, and Pajamas
- 10 pairs of underwear
- 7 pairs of socks
- Light jacket
- 1 pair of comfortable sneakers
- 1 pair of flats/dressier shoes
- 1 pair of rainboots (optional)
- Regaular glasses & contacts (if used)
- Tie (if you have a fancy dinner planned!)
- Purse (crossbody with zipper preferable)
- Zipper backpack
- Tablet or Laptop
- Electric converters/adapters
- All electronic chargers
- Small umbrella
- Ponytail holders
- Facial wash/cream
- Toothbrush (and travel case)
- Gallon-size sealable plastic bags (trust us, they come in handy!)
- Laundry bag (or use a pillowcase!)
- Hand sanitizer/wipes
- Portable stain remover
- Travel documents
- Debit/credit cards